The Chronicler's Company

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Movies We Missed

The forums have reopened! Thanks for all your patience guys. We know it's been tough. -Snipe
Voting has ended!

+3
Toa Hukan
Tosha96
Fluffy
7 posters

offical non-project modeling topic

offical non-project modeling topic Empty offical non-project modeling topic

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:10 am

ok i thought id make this topic on the off-chance that any one wants any bionicle related models making or already existing models to be used for non project related stuff. allow me to explain....

in this topic anyone that wants a specific model created that isnt needed for one of the BNG current projects should go here. all requested models for non-BNG project related projects will have the lowest priority of any other models being made.

any modeler willing to model these non-project related models can do so if they dont have any modeling tasks to perform for the current projects. if they do have models they are working on for the project they can still model these models but MUST put the project models before these ones.

in this topic requests to use existing BNG models for personal projects can be made. if in this event someone wants to use existing BNG models for their own projects they MUST give acredit to BNG for the models. the use of BNG models for personal projects MUST also be approved by Lewa Krom; Lord JamPot or Cherixon.

Lord Jam Pot wrote:

1) If anything's used publicly (say, perhaps in a YouTube video) that was made by a B:NG or belongs to B:NG, proper accreditation needs to be used. So the creator's name, and B:NG need to be accredited.
    2) If you are given something from B:NG, please don't just pass the models around. Permission has been given to you and you alone, not to yours friends and colleagues.

-Jammy

Last edited by The Warrior of Jupiter on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Fluffy
    Fluffy
    2D Modelling Leader

offical non-project modeling topic Empty Re: offical non-project modeling topic

Post by Fluffy Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:36 pm

Reangu Atu Razz

But my main request/question is this.
    As most of you know, I make paper masks from BNG models and post the pics on BZP. However, some of the models have issues which make it for me to be unable to use my program Pepakura Designer to make patterns to cut out of paper. I want to send some models to a non-BNG person (they're modelers for Pepakura and armor-making] so that they can edit the models so that I can do my thing. Also, some people from the armor-making community wants to use our Rakhshi/Vakhi models to build their own costume. As long as they give due credit to BNG, is that fine? Do I have permission?

Tosha96
    Tosha96
    Overeager Leader
    Overeager Leader

Post by Tosha96 Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:46 pm

Fluffy wrote:Reangu Atu Razz

But my main request/question is this.
    As most of you know, I make paper masks from BNG models and post the pics on BZP. However, some of the models have issues which make it for me to be unable to use my program Pepakura Designer to make patterns to cut out of paper. I want to send some models to a non-BNG person (they're modelers for Pepakura and armor-making] so that they can edit the models so that I can do my thing. Also, some people from the armor-making community wants to use our Rakhshi/Vakhi models to build their own costume. As long as they give due credit to BNG, is that fine? Do I have permission?

I'm pretty sure it would be fine, if they gave credit to who made it. And I'm sure if they are just editing the models and sending them back to you, it would be fine.

Also, I actually went as a Vahki for halloween one year. I probably still have pictures around here somewhere... Razz
    Toa Hukan
    Toa Hukan
    Advanced BNGer
    Advanced BNGer

Post by Toa Hukan Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:27 am

What models are finished that I would be allowed to use?

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:01 pm

what would you use them for?
    Toa Hukan
    Toa Hukan
    Advanced BNGer
    Advanced BNGer

Post by Toa Hukan Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:10 pm

For personal use.
    HahliNuva
    HahliNuva
    Modeler
    Modeler

Post by HahliNuva Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:21 pm

I think Warrior wants to know what "personal use" you want to use them for, Hukan.
    Toa Hukan
    Toa Hukan
    Advanced BNGer
    Advanced BNGer

Post by Toa Hukan Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:14 pm

I just wanted to animate with them.

EDIT: I didn't want to, like, give the models to anyone or anything like that, I just wanted to have some fun and make my own Bionicle animations.
    Lord Jam Pot
    Lord Jam Pot
    Omnipotent Project Co-Director

Post by Lord Jam Pot Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:00 am

I think this sounds like a good idea, but I'd just like to add a few pointers:

1) If anything's used publicly (say, perhaps in a YouTube video) that was made by a B:NG or belongs to B:NG, proper accreditation needs to be used. So the creator's name, and B:NG need to be accredited.
    2) If you are given something from B:NG, please don't just pass the models around. Permission has been given to you and you alone, not to yours friends and colleagues.

Sorry, I don't mean to scare anyone. I just want to protect B:NG and its members. But I totally, wholeheartedly believe this is a good idea, jupiter. It may help to get more people interested in the work we do, and potentially in keeping BIONICLE itself alive. This'll help us to build the community that we so desparately need.

Jupiter, you deserve a big, big pat on the back. If you could put my 2-point plan up in the first post, I'd really appreciate it.

-Jammy

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:45 pm

sure thing its been put in the first post.

if someone could sticky this to the top of the forum page id be very appreciative
    Toa Hukan
    Toa Hukan
    Advanced BNGer
    Advanced BNGer

Post by Toa Hukan Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:47 pm

Any answer for me...?
    Lord Jam Pot
    Lord Jam Pot

Post by Lord Jam Pot Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:00 am

How do I sticky it?

And Hukan, which models is it you'd like to use?

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:24 am

JP i dunno.... lol tosh put the blender support topic and the offical modeling topic up there so i may need to ask tosh to do it
    MicroSnipe
    MicroSnipe
    Assistant Musical Director
    Assistant Musical Director

Post by MicroSnipe Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:45 am

I already stickied it. Razz

-Snipe

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:49 am

thank you MS
    Toa Hukan
    Toa Hukan
    Advanced BNGer
    Advanced BNGer

Post by Toa Hukan Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:39 am

Lord Jam Pot wrote:And Hukan, which models is it you'd like to use?

What models are there?

EDIT: More like: What models are finished that I can have?
    Toa Hukan
    Toa Hukan
    Advanced BNGer
    Advanced BNGer

Post by Toa Hukan Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:22 am

Sorry for the double-post, but why isn't anyone answering me?

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:27 am

honestly if you want a fully rigged finished model the the toa mata are your best bet. their rig does need fixing alil i think someone said and they need one of their hands replacing with the bigger one but apart from that they are pretty much finished

all other models we have are just that. models with no rig or little/poorly rigged there for if you can rig models and you know how to do it well you can have any number of models but if you dont know how to rig then your pretty much stuck with the toa mata.

is that ok?
    Toa Hukan
    Toa Hukan
    Advanced BNGer
    Advanced BNGer

Post by Toa Hukan Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:20 am

Are there any Toa Hagah that are fully rigged? If not, could I try my hand at rigging one of them? I think I'm fairly skilled with rigs.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:29 am

actually i forgott about the hagah..

im not sure if 00dude00 rigged any of them when he made them but in the dropbox i cant see any rigged ones. i see no problem with you rigging a hagah or two
    Toa Hukan
    Toa Hukan
    Advanced BNGer
    Advanced BNGer

Post by Toa Hukan Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:37 am

Okay, thanks! Where can I get them?

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:40 am

in the dropbox. i cant add you at the moment to dropbox tho
    Toa Hukan
    Toa Hukan
    Advanced BNGer
    Advanced BNGer

Post by Toa Hukan Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:54 am

Okay, I'll wait. Thanks again.
    nuru_nuva
    nuru_nuva
    Devoted
    Devoted

Post by nuru_nuva Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:05 pm

so i want as much criticism as possible with what Ive been working on.
    offical non-project modeling topic Nuva_f10

in case you don`t know what it is its a toa nuva front armor piece. as much criticism as possible please.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:15 pm

Very nice! Needs a bit more work on the detailing, but other than that, it looks great!
    nuru_nuva
    nuru_nuva
    Devoted
    Devoted

Post by nuru_nuva Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:25 pm

detailing where? i didn't work on this long only 3-4 hours point to point modeling so its not meant to be too detailed.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:37 pm

ok here goes......

first of all it might be better if you create a topic in completely unrelated for any and all of your models so we can comment on them all instead of cluttering up this but hay ho whadya know lol

any who here is my opinion on your model:
    1.you should give us a side veiw so we can see how it looks from that angle
    2.the chest armor itself is way to smooth
    3.the heart light hole shouldnt be a hole but just an indentation like the actual model and should be indented alot more than it is
    4.the same does for the enpty gap where the stomach area of the armor is
    5.needs alot more detail
    6.the stomach part of the armor needs to go back further it doesnt go back deep enough
    7.the bassic shap is off alil

thats all i have for the moment coz i cant be bothered to actually look at a set image but these are things i know to be wrong with it
    nuru_nuva
    nuru_nuva
    Devoted
    Devoted

Post by nuru_nuva Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:09 pm

thanks for the criticism i really needed it! the more the better. but yeah ill put the next pics in completely unrelated so it wont get too cluttered up in here.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:10 pm

thanks Razz
    Toa Hukan
    Toa Hukan
    Advanced BNGer
    Advanced BNGer

Post by Toa Hukan Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:37 pm

So when can I use the dropbox, and where is it?

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:38 pm

PM me your email you use to create an account with dropbox and i will add you now
    HahliNuva
    HahliNuva
    Modeler
    Modeler

Post by HahliNuva Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:37 pm

Just to clarify (and to make sure that it doesn't become a problem later on), LK has given me permission to use BNG's models for a fanfiction project that some friends and I are working on.

Also, would it be okay if I used BNG's pieces to design some BZRPG characters?

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:38 am

i see no problem with you using BNG parts for that as long as you state all parts are made by BNG members (if you can state who made the parts if not as long as you give credit to the modelers of BNG it should be fine)
    Lord Jam Pot
    Lord Jam Pot

Post by Lord Jam Pot Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:14 am

I need a Blender model modeled, but it's not Bionicle-related. Before I ask if anyone could make it, does anyone have any objections to me asking? If you do, please say so. I don't want to do anything that anyone might consider unfair or wrong.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:16 am

i object!!!!!

na i dont (was just joking) what is it you would like to be modeled? and do you have a specific modeler you want modeling it?
    Lord Jam Pot
    Lord Jam Pot

Post by Lord Jam Pot Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:07 am

No specific modeler in mind.

It's basically a foot-soldier-type-thing for my new webseries. They're called the Children of Terra, and they're rock-people with gunmetal armour and blue, lightning energy crystal blade things. i've done some concept art. I'll try and get that up tomorrow, when I can plug my scanner in and everything. I just need one and then I can copy it several times to give the appearance of a group. Hopefully, I'll be able to improve my animating skills along the way.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:08 am

ok once we get the concept art we can see who can/is willing to model it.
    Lord Jam Pot
    Lord Jam Pot

Post by Lord Jam Pot Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:48 am

Coolness!
    Fluffy
    Fluffy
    2D Modelling Leader

Post by Fluffy Tue May 08, 2012 7:46 am

A person would like to use our models of the Mata tools to generate some blueprints to make life-size props do I have permission to share the files with them?

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 3:35 pm

providing they give credit to BNG then yes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:33 am